Berry is a mobile loans app that provides flexible and affordable loans with easy repayment schedules. To access Berry loans, you have to download the mobile app and register. This article will guide you on how to register, apply for a loan, and repay the loan.
Requirements to Register and Apply for Berry Mobile Loans
Currently, Berry loans are available to Safaricom subscribers only. This means that you must be a Safaricom subscriber to access the loan. However, Berry plans to provide loans to subscribers on other networks in future.
You will also need to provide your national ID card number and have a smartphone. Additionally, you must upload your M-Pesa statement when applying for a loan for the first time. This is to ascertain the amount of loan you can borrow based on your M-Pesa transactions.
How to Register for Berry Mobile Loans
- Open Google Play Store on your Android phone then search for “Berry” and install the app (or follow this link to download it).
- Open the app and enter your mobile number.
- Enter your ID card number, name, date of birth, and gender.
- Tap on “Register” to complete the registration process.
How to Apply for Berry Mobile Loans
After registering successfully, follow the following steps to apply for a loan:
- Open the app and tap “Apply Now”.
- You will be asked to upload your current M-Pesa statement showing the last 12 months’ transactions. You can quickly get your M-Pesa statement sent to your email by dialling *234*5*1# on your Safaricom line.
- After downloading your M-Pesa statement, tap “Upload” then “submit”.
- Berry will notify you whether or not you qualify for a loan or the maximum amount you can borrow.
Berry will process the loan application and you will get your reply in a few minutes.
How to Repay Berry Mobile Loans
Follow the following steps to repay your loan via M-Pesa Paybill:
- Open the M-Pesa menu on your phone.
- Select “Lipa na M-Pesa” and then “Paybill”.
- Enter 977888 as the Paybill number.
- Enter the M-Pesa number that you used to receive the loan as your account number.
- Next, enter the amount you would like to repay.
- Finally, enter your M-Pesa pin, confirm transaction details, and tap “OK”.
Note that Berry loan app offers a minimum of KSH.500 to a maximum of KSH. 50,000. You can boost your credit rating by repaying your loans on time.