If you are looking for a fast, secure, and reliable online payment platform, then you need to try Skrill. It is a global payment service provider that allows people to send and receive money online. One good thing about Skrill is that you can link it with your M-Pesa account and withdraw or transfer money directly to your M-pesa wallet.
To transfer money from Skrill to M-Pesa and vice versa, you first have to register for a Skrill account and link it to your M-Pesa number. This guide will show you how to create a Skrill account, link it with your M-Pesa number, and withdraw money from Skrill to M-Pesa.
How to Register for a Skrill Account
- To register for a Skrill account, visit the Skrill website (www.skrill.com) on your web browser (or you can use the mobile app).
- Once you are there, click on the button “Register” at the top right corner of the page. It will take you to the sign up page.
- Next, you will need to provide your personal information like your name, country, email address, password, and, and preferred currency. Note that you won’t be able to change the currency after you create the account. So make sure you choose the currency you intend to use the most with your Skrill account.
- The password needs to be strong (with 8 characters or more, and at least one number).
- After filling all your correct information, click on “Submit”.
After submitting your registration form, Skrill will redirect you to your newly-created Skrill account dashboard. Here you can make deposits, withdrawals, take promotions, and also manage your account settings.
Note that your account is limited until you verify it. Skrill limited accounts can only make transactions up to a certain amount. To verify your Skrill account and unlock additional features, you need to make your first deposit. You can do this by accessing the pay online section of the dashboard. Click the “Get started” button to take you to the payment form.
Depositing money to your Skrill account is the first step to verifying your account (in the account verification process). The next step will be to provide additional information like an ID card and the utility bill to confirm your identity.
How to Link Skrill With Your M-Pesa Number
- Login to your Skrill account.
- Click on the button “Mobile Wallets”.
- Next, click on “Add Mobile Wallet”
- A drop-down will appear. Click on it and select M-Pesa.
- Now add your number (the number you will withdraw your Skrill money to).
- Next, click on “Save”.
How to Withdraw Money from Skrill to M-Pesa
- Login to your Skrill account.
- Click on the withdraw button just below mobile wallet (on the left sidebar)
- Choose the mobile number you want to withdraw money to (if you had linked more than one number) and click next.
- You will be shown the maximum amount you can withdraw. Select the amount you want to withdraw and click next.
- Click on “Confirm” to complete the transaction
- The transaction will take a maximum of 5 business days
That’s how to transfer money from Skrill to M-Pesa.
Note that you can add over one number to your Skrill account. Also, M-Pesa supports a maximum Ksh.70,000 transfer at a go, and a maximum of Ksh 300,000 in a day.